Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert Burns

25th of January is celebrated as Robert Burns day as it was the beloved poet of Scotland's birthday. Born 25 January 1759 to 21 July 1796.

I've never actually gone to a "Burn's Night" here in the states eating the traditional dish Haggis. When I visited Scotland in 1981 I wouldn't go near the stuff. I do from time to time celebrate in my own way his birthday. Tonight I made Shepard's Pie and Scottish Shortbread. We watched Braveheart - which William Wallace according to my brother's is a relative from long ago.



This is a picture of the Robert Burns statue in Dumfries Scotland. I took this picture in 1981.


Until Next Time. . . .
Kathleen

1 comment:

RLahman said...

We love shortbread, and it is so easy to make! I agree with you on the haggis...