Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bento Lunch

I'm still trying to work out breakfast but this week I am focusing on lunch. Since I'm trying to save a little money and watch what I eat - I've decided to work on Bento Boxes.



This bento box is going to be for salads. I keep the greens on the bottom under the ice ring and my salad dressing in the little container. I put canned Salmon in the little container to the left. The top of the box is where I put my mid-morning snack.


I used a hair band I got from the dollar store to attach my small container of salmon. Then I have Mandarin orange slices and another small container of almonds.


I put the whole thing in this cute bag. My bentos are not that exciting yet. I do want to get into the fancy ones with Eiffel Tower shapes and all but for a start here we go. So please leave me a comment telling me what is your favorite packed lunch. I'm listening as I need lots of ideas to get up to fifteen lunch ideas.


Thank you sister Suzy (she is my sister and not a nun) for signing up to follow my blog. As I suspected my blog must be very dull as I only have one follower. Not that I don't appreciate you Suzy as I do believe me - I really do. You don't have to be a blogger to follow my blog. My sister Suzy doesn't have a blog - not yet anyway.


Until Next Time . . . . .

Kathleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite 15 minute lunch is a bologna sandwich and cheetios. That is much more exciting than salmon.

RLahman said...

Okay, for lunch I take a LOT of spinach, topped with a piece of frozen fried chicken breast. It warms up during the morning. Then I heat it for 1 minute so that the spinach leaves wilt. Then I cut up the chicken and have a chicken and wilted spinach salad. That, a banana and a clementine (in season) and a few almonds make up snacks and lunch. AWESOME. Oh, and lots of coffee. Decaf when I need it...(or don't need the caffeine).