Sunday, January 18, 2009

The American Bento Box

Here is a new bento bag that I got for Christmas. Well, really my husband purchased me some perfume for Christmas that I was allergic to and I took it back and got this bag. Technically it is still a Christmas present though.




I had actually noticed these bags when I was purchasing my husbands Christmas present at Paddington Station in Ashland. I wanted one then but you know - I was shopping for him so I put it out of my mind even though I went back 4 or 5 times to look at it. I liked this one out of all of them as it seemed like it would hold everything I wanted. It is a Mario Batali bag and this one cost $20.00. Part of the money from the bags helps fight against world hunger. You can find out more at http://www.thelunchboxauction.org/ They had other great ones. One of them looked like a smart black purse. It was $29.00. Even though that was the exact price of the perfume that I had credit for I wasn't sure it would hold as much so - the green bag it was. Maybe I will purchase the black bag when I get my eating down to bird size - Ha! That will never happen.



The green bag accommodates what I like to call my American Bento box. This is a Fit and Trim lunch box that I purchased at a local grocery store. I've also seen them for sale at Target. I think I paid around $7.98 for it. So here is a lunch from last week with my star molded rice. One of the small containers has a lentil Indian sauce and then I put my hummus and carrots in the other small container.


This little ice block keeps the small container away from the rice and keeps the food chilled.






It fits nicely in the bag and I have room for my silverware and napkin.



Until Next Time. . . .

Kathleen

No comments: