Saturday, January 10, 2009

I bought a Rice Cooker

I've been doing soup and rice for breakfast so I purchased this rice cooker. I can't believe how much better the rice is - it is so fluffy and the grains are so long. Didn't know what I was missing. I got this rice cooker from Costco for $29.99. You can get smaller ones from Walmart or Target but this one had a delay timer which I like. The rice cookers will keep your rice warm after cooking.

This is a bento of some rice pockets I took one day to lunch but I've since started eating about three pockets with rice with my soup for breakfast. This bento has hummus which I got from costco in these cute little packages. I usually eat the hummus with a small bag of carrots for a snack. There is also a little soy bean filled rice cake -a small sweet. The small bottle on top of the rice pockets is filled with more of the sprinkles which are already on top of the pockets. I'll tell you more about that next week when I do bentos for lunch. I'll also take a picture of how I've been doing the pockets for breakfast sometimes with a little shrimp and a spicy sauce. I use to purchase those type of pockets from a market for breakfast but now I do my own. The little blue ring in the back is an ice ring.



Here is my little bento box all put together. I got this one at the thrift store for .99 - I guess it is missing a few items such as a little container which fits in the middle and the utensil on top. But for 99 cents I can live without that.



The missing container would go in the middle of the ring.



This is what the pockets look like when I purchase them from the Asian market.



These are also some rice presses I got as the Asian market in Eugene (will have a post on that next week.) It is fun to press the rice into shapes to give the food a different look.



I've been eating Progresso Soups for breakfast. I've purchased some miso stock so I will branch out next week to making miso soup.


Until Next Time. . . . .

Kathleen

No comments: