Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sonoma County California

I'm going South tomorrow morning to Santa Rosa California to visit my friends and family. I haven't been back for 2-1/2 years and it is a vacation long over due. I'm going to stay with my friend April and hang out with her two daughters. I've got many other people I'm planning to see and lots of shopping - and I mean lots of shopping.

This is my favorite place along River Road heading towards the coast. The mustard grass grows in every year in Spring. This is a scan I did off of a card I bought years ago. The photographer is is Robert Janover taken in 1993. He calls it "Before the Vines."

This is a view from the house I use to live in before moving to Oregon. The fog rolls in every night and cools things off in the Summer. This is a picture of the fog in the morning before it burned off. This is a Western view looking towards Guerneville and Jenner.

This is a picture after the fog burned off. You are looking at the Korbel valley. Their vineyards are below all through the valley.
Another view looking further to the South West. Lots of Douglas Fir, some Oaks, Redwoods and many other varieties of trees. I do miss the smell of the trees but I don't miss the poison oak I had for 9 months out of the year.
I'm not sure if I will be able to post until I get back on Monday. I'll take my camera with me and who knows maybe I will be able to share the adventure with you.
Until Next Time
Kathleen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Calif. Hope you have great weather and a great time. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I love! Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.