Monday, June 16, 2008

Little Bandon Bathroom Project


This little shelf had gold accents where it is now painted white. I wanted it to be white to match the other white accents in the bathroom such as the handles on the faucet. I wasn't sure how it would work as the accents were metal. I took the whole shelf holder apart and sanded the metal pieces then I used a Krylon Spray paint primer for metal. Then I spray painted the pieces with Krylon White Spray paint for metal. I'm happy with the way it turned out.



This is what the shelf looked like before I painted the gold pieces white. I really couldn't beat the price of the shelf. It was $5.00 at the Goodwill store in Phoenix Oregon. It still had the original price tag of $45.99. I don't have anything in the bathroom which is gold but I couldn't pass us the shelf as I had been pricing them. With the pedestal sink there is no storage so we needed something to hold you know your bathroom stuff like the toothbrush etc.



Take a look at the window curtain to the right of the sink. This is actually an old embroidered pillow case. I've got some new fabric to use for the shower & window curtains. It turned out so well though that I may use them in the kitchen.

This is what the shelf looks like with the sink. I had too much in the bathroom to get a full shot to include the mirror. I will do that soon though.

Until Next Time

Kathleen

No comments: