Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Saw Red Day Two

"I Saw Red" day two - yes this is another red step stool. This one I keep in the master closet to reach those high up places. This stool was in my mother's kitchen for years. It was painted green then and I use to sit on it when I talked on the telephone (for what probably seemed like hours to my parents). On top is my new work bag that I got at a garage sale on Saturday.

Up close of the new work bag. You got to just love this power red color. One of my neighbors is moving out of state and had this bag in her garage sale for $5.00. I'd actually been looking for a new bag just that day at the Goodwill store. I attached a little red rose hankie to one of the straps. I actually have lost many hankies doing this but I can't resist the way they looked tied onto the strap of a purse or work bag.

If you haven't guessed by now I love almost anything to do with Paris. I found this years ago at a thrift store in Santa Rosa. I can't even remember which one it has been that long ago. It looks like a receipt book (I really don't know what the real name of it is) that a restaurant would present you with your bill inside. I always like to think it came from the Moulin Rouge in Paris.


Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a movie fanatic. I haven't been set up with cable or satellite for about four years. I watch movies about 4 times a week. It use to be more like 5 or 6 nights a week but I'm cutting down. We watch many foreign movies. My husbands favorites are . . . well yes French ones. I like all kinds of movies. I do tend to watch a lot of Chinese movies. Not necessarily the fighting ones although I like some of those too. The ones which are my favorites are comedies. My favorite Chinese actors are Sammi Cheng, Andy Lau, Daniel Wu, and Jay Chou to name a few. At work I listen to music by Sammi Cheng and the soundtrack to "Initial D." I wish you could learn Chinese that way. I have picked up some Chinese but not enough to be worth much.
Until Tomorrow with another day of

"I Saw Red"

Kathleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love that red bag and you got it for such a steal of a price. I might be a little jealous, I love love love big bags. I think the bigger the bag the more stuff I put in it. Your pictures are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen!
Thank you for stopping by!
This event is so much finding new bloggers.
We can inspire each other:)
Love Oregon I have a lot of family near you.
Your cat picture is a crack up.
Smiles,
KayEllen