Thursday, July 2, 2009

It is a bugs life. . . . .


So here is the interesting insect which showed up outside my house after I took a freshly painted end table from the garage. It is a Rosalia Funebris and it turns out it likes fresh paint. I found this article on line while researching the guy (at least I'm calling it a guy) http://www.news.cornell.edu/chronicle/97/6.19.97/beetle.html So check it out.



I've been doing yard work. Laying a few pavers, putting down bark, planting, weeding, and all that good type stuff. I have a ways to go. We have some old redwood yard furniture in need of sprucing up so I'm painting them black - as it seems to be easier to purchase new yard furniture in black.




What about you? What are you up to?




Until Next Time. . . . . .
Kathleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a weird looking bug I am glad I did not see it before knowing that it is not harmful. I have never seen anything like it before. Thanks for sharing the link. Hope C.

RLahman said...

Great bug.