Saturday, July 18, 2009

Head Board Make Over for "Star Fish Cottage" Guest Room

This head board was given to me by a friend in Bandon. It was stained dark so of course I had to paint it white. My usual Swiss Mocha ICI paint white that is.

I got the netting at a thrift store about 4 or 5 years ago (for $5.00.) I've been saving it just for this purpose. One of my husband's co-workers stayed out their earlier this week and she said it looked "romantic." Paris (that is her name) stayed at "Star Fish Cottage" when we had a whole in the kitchen ceiling and the bathroom was the old yucky lavender one. You remember the photo. This was her third trip out there since we started. The second time we had changed the outside so much she drove around looking for it until she realized which house it was. She couldn't believe the transformation then. This time she got to see the wood floors installed and well the house is mostly together now. I just need to finish painting the trim inside, put the crown molding in the kitchen and well spiffy it up for guest. With new linens, a few new furnishings and how could I forget get rid of all the tools we are storing inside the house. Doesn't everyone have a table saw just inside their front door?


This is the before photo. It was pretty dark but now with the white paint it looks like it belongs inside the house.
Until Next Time. . . . . . .
Kathleen

No comments: