Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Bowl of Ramen

Happy Father's Day! My niece moved back to California on Friday which has made me sad so I don't want to talk about Father's Day. Let me just say I miss my Father and leave it at that.

I'd like to tell you about the ramen noodle nights this movie inspired at my house over this last week. I got this movie last weekend and watched it on Saturday morning and then again Saturday night with Damian, Brittnee and Kelsey. I liked the movie so much that I had purchased ramen noodles at the Asian market in Medford during my Saturday grocery shopping. My family liked the movie too and was real excited about having ramen noodles for dinner.

Here is my bowl of noodles. I used chicken for the meat and spinach for a vegetable. I made a hard boiled egg and shaped it into a rabbit with one of my bento egg molds. I wish the photo had come out a bit better. I guess it is time for a new camera. This bowl was actually from my Wednesday dinner. Damian has French classes on Wednesdays so the girls and I had ramen noodles again for dinner Wednesday night. My niece Kelsey loves all things Japanese. Sort of like me with China - although I do like Japan a lot too. After all bentos are Japanese and lets not forget ramen!

This is what the package of noodles looks like. The noodles are soft not dried as they are in a cup-of-noodles. In fact I'm not sure I could ever eat a cup-of-noodles ever again after tasting ramen this way.
So if you want to watch a cute little movie - I recommend "The Ramen Girl." It is of course a Chick Flick but hey my husband thought it was cute.
Until Next Time. . . . . . .
Kathleen

No comments: