Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary

May 21st is mine and Damian's 20th Wedding Anniversary and I can't believe it has been that long.


This is us right after we got married. We got married in Mendocino California. At the Mendocino Hotel. I just love it there. Mendocino reminds me of Port Rush Ireland where Damian's parents grew up. We had a small wedding just the two of us and two friends John and Katie. And yes - I did get married in a black dress that I sewed myself. I got married in black because of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Laura got married in a black dress. I have long admired Laura Ingalls Wilder and her daughter Rose Wilder Lane.

I had two wedding cakes. This first one I had on my wedding day. It was a strawberry chocolate mousse cake. I remember it was very good. I was so excited and tired that day that I didn't eat much of it.


We had a wedding reception at our house a couple of weekends after our wedding. This is the cake I had for that party. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Damian's favorite cake is carrot cake. My favorite color is purple or rather it was when I was young. I really like many colors but I am really drawn to dark purple.




This is the Mendocino Headlands covered in yellow wild flowers. It is so beautiful there. I hope to return for a visit someday soon.



This is a view of Mendocino looking back from the headlands. It is such an incredible place. I'll show you more pictures of Mendocino later. It is no wonder I fell in love with Bandon because of my love for Mendocino. I use to visit there so often that many of the locals knew me by name. Wow - it makes me miss Bandon. I haven't been in so long.

Until Next Time
Kathleen

1 comment:

namesconnie said...

Hi there, Just clicked on "next blog" and found your site. I liked your Mendocino photos. I live in Fort Bragg not too far from there. I have a blog with Fort Bragg photos and other random sites. Just thought I would say hello and nice you were up our way.