Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Up Coming Projects for Bandon

Here are some up coming projects for the Bandon Cottage. I've already started painting them with white flat paint as a primer. I cleaned each piece off with a wet cloth and sand slightly before painting. I love getting a hold of pieces like this. They are very solid pieces of wood. They look horrible and that is why I love them so much. Once I'm done people usually can't believe it is the same pieces of furniture.

I got this toy box at the Ashland Goodwill store for $10.00. I could use more storage at the Bandon Cottage so I will use this for a blanket chest to store extra linens. I am painting it inside and out with the ICI Swiss Coffee paint. I will probably make a cushion for it as well so it can be used and a sitting bench too.

I got this table at the Medford Goodwill store for $49.99. This table is solid oak and weighs a ton. It is really well made. Damian thinks I'm committing a hugh mistake by painting it white. I just love the look of white round tables in all the magazines. As with the other piece it will get my ICI Swiss Coffee paint treatment. Now I need to find chairs.



This little beauty set me back $2.00 from the Ashland Goodwill Store. Yes the old paint job and the cushion are terrible but look at the lovely curved lines.

I won't be making it to the coast until Memorial Day weekend. By then I should have these pieces ready for the trip. I need to get these pieces out of my Ashland garage as I need to work on painting the inside of the clawfoot tub. Also on the way home last week I passed a pile of junk in front of a house not far from my place. There was a sign that said free. I stopped and looked at a cool chair. I decided not to get it and drove away. Later that night I kept thinking about the chair. At 9 pm I decided to drive down the street and see if it was still there and it was!!!! I hauled it home and now my garage is really full of furniture. Before pictures of the chair will be coming soon.
Until Next Time
Kathleen

No comments: