Monday, December 29, 2008

Brittnee's Chairs

Just a little post to show you some chairs I did for my niece Brittnee. Brittnee moved to Ashland with her boyfriend Angleo to go to college. She is fond of white and black so I took this old ugly (sorry I don't have a before picture) directors chair and covered the seat and back with black and white fabric. The chair had been a very ugly (stained) brown color. I purchased it at the thrift store for $4.99

I started out on this chair painting it white for myself with a sponge brush. Never again will I use a sponge brush as I ended up with lots of drips. I had to sand the drips down to the wood and start over with black paint. Once again I used the black and white fabric. Looks much better.
Here is a before shot although you can't really see the awful drips on the chair. Before I tried painting it white it was a very ugly brown. I have nothing against brown but these two chairs were not the best of browns.
Until Next Time. . . . .
Kathleen

No comments: