Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bandon Claw Foot Tub

Here is the long awaited shots of the Bandon Claw Foot Tub.



I think it is the soooo beautiful! It was a happy, happy day to take a bath in this tub on my last visit to the coast. My husband likes to say I bought the house for the tub. I'm very fond of old tubs. Don't you like the Kiwi paint by Devine Paints. The first time I went to purchase the paint the guy at the paint store told me he wasn't going to sell it to me because "I wouldn't be happy with it." Well, he was wrong - because I love it and have two walls painted this color in the bathroom. The other two are the Ash by Devine paints (the color behind the tub.) Just love it! Love it!!

I was surprised to get the fancy faucet.




Look at those beautiful new pipes. He did a good job don't you think?


The bathroom before shot. It was so small that if you sneezed while sitting on the toilet you would hit your head on the sink. And yes folks the bathroom really was Lavender.


The tub in the prep stage. Damian did so much work on the tub. Actually, it was a group effort. I painted the outside and the feet. I also did the masking for the painting and lets don't forget I gave up my parking space in the garage for over a year. Yes, well we won't talk about how long it took to finish the tub okay.

Lovely masking job don't you think?




And here you have it - lots of elbow grease later.


One of the feet after I had already painted them silver and had the silver go weird on me when I put a clear top coat on them. The test one was fine but then the others got strange blotches so I stripped them down and painted them white.


This is the epoxy paint we purchased at Lowe's to do the job. For around $45.00 we got two cans, steel wool, rubber gloves and some cleaning solution. The trick was letting the tub cure for one month after painting. The guy I spoke with at the bath shop who came and repaired some other stuff long, long time ago told me that was the trick.


So there you have it.


Until Next Time. . . .

Kathleen

1 comment:

SeaWorthy said...

WOW!
That was alot of work, but so totally worth it, eh?
Happy T day!
Lisa
coastal nest