Monday, September 29, 2008

Mom said not to play with your food but. . .

A friend of mine at work sent me this link about Bento boxes http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/bento I just think this is the coolest thing. All of the pictures below are from this link. I've been thinking a lot about Bento boxes because....I've got a few pounds to lose (could that be cousin Keith why there are no new pictures of me on this site.) I was thinking how it could help with portion control and make eating fun. Well, now I'm hooked so sorry Mom but I think it is time to play with my food.

I collect Eiffel Towers so this is one of my favorite. This was done by a true artist Sakurako Kitsa check out her site http://sakurakokitsa.blogspot.com/

Green Eggs & Ham - I'm not so sure I would want to eat this but how cute is that!


Snoopy - On our instant message at work I usually have a Snoopy or an Anime Character from Gintama for my picture. I'll tell you a story about meeting Charles Schulz one day. He was my Hero!

This one is for Jeanine - she loves Halloween.

Wouldn't your Star Wars fan love to have this for lunch??

Now this is art people - too beautiful to eat
Look at the bananas - this is actually a container to hold sauces. The little monkey also holds sauces. And look at the tiny Monkey head that is a food pick (in case you were wondering.)

And this one is for my friend Kris - who loves Hello Kitty.

Hello Kitty and a Panda

Now wouldn't that make you smile getting this for your Birthday lunch?


Now the bunny on the left is a boiled egg which has been put into a mold (we will get to that later.)

Breakfast Bento Boxes


Yes you can even take breakfast all packed up - I know I do sometimes.



This looks like one my husband would have made.

This little monkey is a sauce pots - isn't it cute. I bet it holds syrup.
Regular Lunch Bentos for the Regular folks like us

So I know what your thinking that all that stuff is cute but lets get real. Well here are some everyday type bento boxes for us regular folks.


Now this doesn't look that difficult to make but think of how it would bring a smile to the face of who ever opened their lunch box to this.

Little bear is also a sauce pot. I could see giving this one to my husband.


Or even this one.
These little hot dogs are great!

Look at the little bottles these are sauces bottles. Yes, I know that you are thinking that I know way too much about this stuff.

Cheetos - see you can put anything in there.
Websites of Knowledge
The website http://lunchinabox.net/ has lots of great information about Bento building such as shaping rice into shapes.
They also have information about how to freeze the rice shapes for faster Bento building.


Tools of the Trade

Lunch in a box has great links for purchasing your tools for the trade. I really enjoyed J-List which I will be purchasing supplies from soon. http://www.jbox.com/


Now this is one box I would love to own.

Food picks.

Sauce containers.

Plastic food cups - to keep foods separated.

Not very green but disposable food cups.

Egg & Food Molds
More sauce containers.

And look at all these tools for Bento

Now this is my sort of organization. I want a box full of stuff like this!
Until Next Time
Kathleen

No comments: