Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bandon Living Room

Here are some pictures in the Bandon Living Room.

I believe this Star Fish garland was my first Star Fish purchase for the cottage. I'd made the wreath years ago and had it in my bathroom in California. For some reason the way I took the photo makes it look off center but I know I measured just right and it is centered on the wall. Anyway, I hoped the garland would be a nice touch for under the wreath. It is one of my favorite pieces in the cottage.
This is on the opposite side of the living room wall from the Star Fish Garland. This little shelf I intend to fill it with jars of sea shells. I always wanted to get a big sail boat to put there but I haven't found one yet I can afford. I'm sure I'll come across one in my shopping at some point (one that I can afford.)

Another view this time you can see that the doorway goes into the kitchen.


This is a picture of the ceiling after it was covered with the knotty pine. We actually have lights installed where the yellow wires are now. They point straight up so it makes the ceiling glow at night.

A picture of the ceiling before the knotty pine went up. I weathered a very big storm one weekend during this stage. I knew if the roof blew off there would be nothing to buffer the wind and rain from outside. Of course, the roof held and I'm left with the memory of that stormy night. You could hear all kinds of things blowing around in the storm. One of my neighbors storm windows blew pass the house.

Another view. The front door is right behind Damian. I'll get more pictures to show you what it looks like today.

This is a picture of the front door area before we changed doors and took down the ceiling (you can see a bit up in the left hand corner of the picture.) Also, you can see part of the old floor. It was beautiful wood but we were not able to save enough of it to keep it all in tact.

These windows are were the bay window is now. You can see a bit more of the old ceiling. I'm trying to get a picture of what it looked like even before this. Damian had already replaced the dry wall here and then decided to rip it all out after seeing a neighbors house where they went all the way to the rafters. I thought he was nuts after all the worked he had already done. This ceiling had many water marks from leaks when we purchased this house. Well, I'm glad Damian replaced it because the knotty pine just really opens up the room.
I'm working on furniture now. I'm hoping to have it done by my next trip to the coast. Some chairs which I'm redoing the upholstery and painting some of the wood work. I should have some photos for you soon.
Until Next Time. . . .
Kathleen

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love the look of your place-love that beach feel. And the star fish decoration is really great.