Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sister, Sisters..thank God for my sisters??

Not long after my trip from California my sister Suzy called to ask me if everything was alright? I told her things were fine and she said she had been worried because I hadn't been updating my blog. So here I am slacking off again (although this time I do have a broken leg.) I called Suzy today (her and Becky live in Minnesota) and told her that I was updating my blog with pictures of us girls. This picture was taken of me (left) and Suzy (on the right) at my Aunt Ora and Uncle Mike's farm in Hobbs, New Mexico. I know the picture was taken before we moved from Texas which means it was before I turned eight. We dressed up some of the puppies and were playing with them.

This is a photo of me at five months and my older sister Becky.


This is one of my favorites. Suzy, me and Becky under the Christmas tree in 1965. I would have been four. Suzy is four years older than me and Becky is eight years older than me.


This was also taken when I was four. I don't know what the occasion is. but I just love the expressions on our faces.



Me, Becky in the back and Suzy holding my mother's dog Tina. I think I was around 6 when this one was taken. Everytime I see this picture of me it reminds me so much of my nephew Denny.


We look tired in this one. I think we were on vacation but I can't be sure. Again, I may be around 4 or 5. Even though I don't think it is a great one of me I really like how it turned out of Suzy (middle) and Becky(on the right.)



This was the most recent one I could find of all three of us together. I'm sure there were some taken at my Dad's funeral but I couldn't find any. Anyway, from Left to Right it is Becky, Suzy and me. I was around 24 and we had all come home for some surgery my Dad had on his heart. I was going to school at the time for Electronics. I had already moved to Santa Rosa, California. Boy, time sure passing along quickly.


Since both of my sister's live in Minnesota I don't get to see them often. We do talk on the phone but it would be fun to see them at least once a year. Hmmm, I suppose I should make that happen.


Until Next Time
Kathleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
I noticed that there are two question marks after thank God for my sisters. Could this be payback for Becky and I telling you that you were found under a rock?? By the way Happy Birthday tomorrow. I really did enjoy looking at old pictures of us. Thank Goodness we only got better looking. Ha Ha. Love you,
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
By the way I'm sure Mom would want me to tell you the truth. You weren't found under a rock, you were adopted.