Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moving Around Better & Bandon Furniture

I'm certainly moving around better. This week has been exhausting. I went to the doctor today and he gave me a walking boot to wear. I now can walk without crutches. He said I was lucky, and that the bone I broke would eventually heal on its own but it will heal faster with the boot. Also, he said there is a chance the bone could separate if I didn't wear the boot which would mean surgery. Don't want that. Anyway, I am feeling extremely lucky. The boot is heavy and I'm going to continue sleeping in the guest room as I'm afraid I'll clobber my husband with the boot. I need to get use to it. But hey, I can walk now without crutches!!!!

I've discovered that I'm am very independent and don't like having to depend on others. It is nice to know I can though. My husband was just as happy as I was about the boot. He wanted to go to Bandon this weekend. I've decided to stay behind as I'm not sure I want to try navigating those stairs into the house yet. Also, Damian's father turns 80 next month and he wanted to go down to L.A. to visit him. My friend Kris was willing to stay with me (Bless your Heart) so he could go. Having lost both of my parents I really wouldn't want to stand in the way of that.

Anyway, leg is still sore, but I can walk!!!! How great is that!!!! I couldn't believe the bruises on my leg and foot when they took off the splint.

And now on Bandon

This little telephone table is another item I painted over the 4th of July. My friend Kris gave it to me. I think it is so perfect. I used my usual white paint and painted the inside with Laura Ashley, Pale Apple 2 (The kitchen is painted this color.) The throw I found at the thrift store. It has sea shells all over it. I'm going to be replacing the love seat that I threw a white table cloth over with two chairs. Years ago I gave my friend Deanne a little chair I had refinished the wood on (small platform rocker) but hadn't gotten around to the upholstery part. I even had the material but I was moving at the time waiting for the Ashland house to be built and had to put my stuff in storage. Deanne is giving the chair back to me as she is cleaning out her garage and hadn't gotten around to it either.
This is the before on the telephone table.

This is in my little guest room. The dresser I had purchased at a garage sale in Bandon. I think I paid $15.00 for it but I really can't remember. I wish I had a before shot of it because it was very ugly. Lots of different color paint. I used the ICI Swiss Coffee paint and put clear glass knobs on it. The mirror is what I painted over the holiday weekend. I found the mirror at the Goodwill Store (can't remember which one though) for $5.99. I knew it was the right size for the room and the little dresser. The ceiling slopes here so there isn't much room.


This is the before shot of the mirror. The chair off to the right I will be refinishing soon. No bum ankle is going to stop me.

Until Next Time
Kathleen

No comments: