Sunday, February 1, 2009

Short Bread

I always get many request for my version of Scottish short bread. I make it at Christmas time and give it out as gifts along with home made marshmallows and hot chocolate. One reason I like to make short bread is because of my molds. I usually make it in the winter time.


This is the first mold I ever purchased and I got it from a thrift store years ago. I think I paid $3.99 for it.



Then came this mold and I also purchased this one from the thrift store but I think I paid $4.99 for this one.


This little heart mold I found at Christmas time. I also have a small Santa Clause mold and two Snowmen molds. They are packed away now with all the Christmas stuff.





Kathleen's Scottish Short Bread




2 cubes of butter soften
1/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour



Cream sugar and butter with mixer in a medium size bowl. Add flour one cup at a time. Mix until cookie dough texture. Shouldn't take long. I put dough into the mold and smooth out until even. You could form dough into a balls and slightly flatten onto a cookie sheet if you don't have a mold. With this much butter there is no need to grease the pan. Bake at 350 degrees in oven - the mold bakes for 25 minutes but the individual cookies would need to cook until golden around 15 minutes. When I bake in a cookie mold I turn the mold upside down on a plate immediately after cooking. It should release from the mold easily. The first couple of times I left the cookie in the mold and had a difficult time getting it out.







Until Next Time. . . . .

Kathleen

No comments: