Sunday, February 1, 2009

A French Look for the Laundry Room

I use to have the laundry room decorated with beach items but I've taken all that stuff to Bandon. I decided to put a bit of France in there instead. The pictures at the top are from photos I took while in Paris. The ticket stubs are from the Metro, Eiffel Tower etc. I took scrabble tiles and hot glued them to thumb tacks to spell out the words. The rhinestone Eiffel Tower I found at a thrift store for $1.99 and the other little pin I got in Paris at one of those cheap little tourist places. It has the word Paris written above the hanging little Eiffel Tower.


A small collection of Eiffel Towers hangs above the utility sink. The star fish is a left over element from the beach theme. It will eventually make its way to the coast. Well not much yet but it is a start.




The month of February I have chosen to focus on the "Physical" things in my life. For me this not only means to start thinking of my physical body but to look at my physical surroundings as well. I would like to create surroundings which give me great joy.


It seems the older I get the less I am able to accomplish. I no longer have the drive to get only 3 hours of sleep to complete a craft or art project. I have to be honest with myself and realize even though I do not have TV - I watch far too many movies which gets in the way of many of my projects. When I lived in California I watched TV only 3 nights a week. We got Direct TV when we moved to Oregon and I discovered HGTV and BBC America and well - I was a hooked. Even though I unplugged from the main stream TV -I have replaced that time with watching at least 1 DVD most nights. "Hello, my name is Kathleen and I'm addicted to Chinese movies." Seriously it just isn't Chinese movies that I watch. I just watch too many movies. I've told myself that I'm doing research (remember I started the Sonoma County Film Society - I want to be a screenwriter.) So here is the deal - I've got to get myself down to 3 nights a week again. This will give me time to exercise, do a yoga session, meditate, complete my many unfinished decorating projects, write poetry or complete one of those 6 screenplays I have rotting away in the closet. So here I go focusing on the month of "Physical" aspects.


Until Next Time. . . .

Kathleen

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your Paris decorations in your laundry room. I watch too much TV too even though most of it is dubbed in French. I love movies so I manage to watch a lot of those too. Plus, the Internet takes up a lot of my time. I think I would be reading a lot more if I didn't watch TV or spend so much time on my computer.

RLahman said...

Dang...all I get to watch is the Disney channel. Sometimes Mythbusters, or How Things Work. So usually I DON'T WANT TO WATCH TV. My world is pink and precious, and full of "following your dreams" and "listening to your heart". Gah! Sometimes the girls call me out to watch Phineas and Ferb.