Friday, May 15, 2009

The Snoopy Museum



These are photos I took in Santa Rosa (California) when I was down visiting in February. If you have followed my blog for anytime you know that I am a big fan of Snoopy and Charles Schulz. Good O'l Charlie Brown has a couple of tickets to get into the Museum.


I had intended to visit the Charles M. Schulz museum while down there but I waited until my last day to go. It was closed and I had plans lined up for the day and wasn't able to get into the building. Santa Rosa has various status around town in honor of Charles M. Schulz just like these two outside of the museum. I have been inside the museum before and next time I will make it a priority and go early in the trip so I have another chance to view all the wonderful things inside.

Even though I had a chance to talk to Charles Schulz, or Sparky as he was known by people who knew him, I always wanted to talk to him about drawing. The little conversation I had with him outside of a bookstore for twenty minutes one time mostly consisted of me telling him that he was my hero. His response was "Me? I've never done anything." So I listed off all the things he had done for me in my life. That was certainly a highlight memory in my book of life and I thank God often for providing me the opportunity. The museum offers cartoon workshop. Now that would be another dream come true for me.


Until Next Time. . . . .

Kathleen

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, the Peanuts kids and Snoopy are such a HUGE part of my childhood! I'm envious that you got to meet Charles Schulz!

RLahman said...

Awesome.