Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free Bandon Chair

I completed this chair over the weekend for the Bandon Cottage. I got the Fabric at JoAnn's in Medford. It seems most of the fabric stores have gone out of business in my area. I sure miss Brytex in San Francisco (Union Square area.) It took me forever to make up my mind. I kept looking for something that looked real beachy but I wasn't happy with what I found. I do like this floral print though. I've decided to cover another chair for the coast in the same fabric. That will probably be next month though as I've already started on a rocking chair (pictures will be on a later post.)
Here is the before shot. The chair was on the side of the road with a big "Free" sign next to it. I actually left the chair and drove past the first time and then started thinking about it later. I just into the car at 10 pm and headed back to see if it was still there. It was so I brought it home. Once again everyone thought I was nuts for taking the chair. I had to replace most of the padding. Damian did some gluing to make it stronger. So what do you think? Did it turn out alright?
Until Next Time...
Kathleen

1 comment:

SeaWorthy said...

T O T A L L Y

cute Kath!
I love it!
Lisa
coastal nest